Teaching Assistant - Based at West Road Primary Academy
Required to start as soon as possible
NJC Grade 5 (£10,943 - £11,386)
25 hours per week Monday – Friday, term time only
Closing date: Monday 6th June 2022-12pm
Interview date: Thursday 9th June 2022
Are you looking for an exciting challenge in a new environment? An excellent opportunity has become available for an innovative, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant.
Children are at the centre of all that we do. At West Road we offer an irresistible invitation to learning – an exciting, lifelong adventure. We turn mirrors into windows – with a focus on outdoor learning to inspire our young people to achieve. Please come and take a look for yourself…
Do you have?
- A desire to make a difference for young people
- High expectations of self and others
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of/ interest in how children learn
- A rigorous approach to ensure best outcomes for all pupils
- Calm, caring and professional manner
- Willingness to learn and develop
- A good sense of humour
We can offer:
- A supportive and forward thinking school team
- Lots of opportunities to develop and a commitment to high quality CPD for all staff
- A well-resourced high quality learning environment
- A caring and inclusive school with supportive staff and governors
- A creative approach to our curriculum.
We are seeking to appoint to the role of Teaching Assistant to support the curriculum provision and learning support for a class and targeted individual students.
If you would like further information regarding the role or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact us on 01405 812734.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants will undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. The role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate. The role is also engaged in regulated activity and will therefore require a children’s barred list check. Shortlisted Applicants will be required to complete a self-disclosure.